[opensuse-factory] Re: nvidia drivers on Factory?
On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 01:52:03AM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:

I just updated from 11.3 to factory and wanted to compile the nvidia
drivers. However, I get (nvidia-installer.log):

ERROR: Unable to determine the version of the kernel sources located in
'/lib/modules/2.6.37-rc7-desktop/source'. Please make sure you have
installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are
properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you
have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM installed. If you know
the correct kernel source files are installed, you may specify the
kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path' command line option.

Sure that kernel-desktop*, kernel-devel, kernel-source all have the same
version and release numbers and the currently running kernel has the same
version and release number too?

Google pointed me to
but even with the patch from there I get the same error message.

Sounds completely unrelated.

My graphics card is a GeForce 8600M GS, and the nvidia website gave me for download.

Why are you using this driver version? Please use this as reference:

Best regards,

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg Germany