[opensuse-factory] Re: nvidia drivers on Factory?
On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 01:52:03AM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

I just updated from 11.3 to factory and wanted to compile the nvidia
drivers. However, I get (nvidia-installer.log):

ERROR: Unable to determine the version of the kernel sources located in
'/lib/modules/2.6.37-rc7-desktop/source'. Please make sure you have
installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are
properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you
have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM installed. If you know
the correct kernel source files are installed, you may specify the
kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path' command line option.

Sure that kernel-desktop*, kernel-devel, kernel-source all have the same
version and release numbers and the currently running kernel has the same
version and release number too?

Google pointed me to http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142794
but even with the patch from there I get the same error message.

Sounds completely unrelated.

My graphics card is a GeForce 8600M GS, and the nvidia website gave me
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-185.18.36-pkg2.run for download.

Why are you using this driver version? Please use this as reference:

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany