Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing preload-kmp-desktop - Preload Kernel Module Package
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:17:41 -0500

On 12/20/2010 02:43 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:23:10 -0500
Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can we have this starting in the next year? Or, do I have to apply for
this in openFate?

This is FACTORY. It is perfectly normal that sometimes some things are
broken and not available. Especially stuff as fragile and non-essential as
preload-kmp.
I really appreciate that new kernels are not delayed *IN FACTORY* until
preload-kmp is built successfully.

It will get fixed sometimes.

If it's missing from the 11.4 betas, you can start complaining. But not
now.

I've linked the openSUSE:Factory versions of systemtap and elfutils into
the Kernel:HEAD project. That should allow preload-kmp to build.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs