Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing preload-kmp-desktop - Preload Kernel Module Package
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:23:10 -0500
On 12/19/2010 03:47 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 03:04:05PM -0500, Roman Bysh wrote:

Dear Listmates,

I am running openSUSE 11.3 x86_64. But I would like to upgrade the
kernel fo 2.6.37x.
However, the preload-kmp-desktop package is missing. I'm not sure if the
update will be
successful without this missing package.

Please check:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_11.3/

Is there a reason that it is missing? And, can some one add the missing
package to this repo?

You could also just deinstall preload-kmp-desktop during upgrade.
(It is used for faster bootup speeds.)

Ciao, Marcus

I understand.

Talking with users on the forum, I know a lot of users that prefer to
include the preload module installed.

If not now, can we please have an update available for
preload-kmp-desktop package included with the newer kernels in 2011?

Can we have this starting in the next year? Or, do I have to apply for
this in openFate?

Cheers!

Roman