Re: [opensuse-factory] tvtime
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:05:22 +1100
On 11/12/2010 22:57, Rajko M. wrote:
On Saturday, December 11, 2010 02:55:47 am Basil Chupin wrote:
I came across a file
in her /home directory which showed up as named "!gfs" or "!gvs" or
something similar.

As root I could not access it nor delete it: "Access denied" (it had
zero bytes for size, anyway).
It is link to /home/user/.gvfs directory.
Look on the web for "root can't delete gvfs".
It is gvfs-fuse mount point that can access only user of that file system.
The reason is privacy and you can imagine that is design decision, not a bug,
but in any case it is something that acts contrary to common sense in Unix,
where system admin can access any point of computer.

Ah, many thanks for this Rajko. Next time I come across this I won't bother agonising about how to delete it :-) .

BC

--
The calendar's days are numbered!