Re: [opensuse-factory] tvtime
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:55:47 +1100
On 11/12/2010 15:38, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
First: Replying on-list as that is where the question was asked.

* Donn Washburn<n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx> [12-10-10 23:05]:
killall tvtime
You can not kill that process with either kill -9 ps# or killall
/usr/bin/tvtime. That is as root or user.
If you are saying that "root" cannot kill the process, there is something
really wrong with your install/system.

I agree with this.

HOWEVER, yesterday when I was installing upgrading my wife's Linux-running computer to the the latest version, I came across a file in her /home directory which showed up as named "!gfs" or "!gvs" or something similar.

As root I could not access it nor delete it: "Access denied" (it had zero bytes for size, anyway).

However, after doing a reboot, the file disappeared.

BC

--
The calendar's days are numbered!