Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed request for packages
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:30:01 +0100
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 04:17:54PM +0530, phanisvara das wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 23:31:58 +0530, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

But, what I need from you all, is a request for what packages do you
feel I should be updating right now, and hopefully you can provide a
pointer to the repo for where these packages are (if they are only in
FACTORY, that's fine as well.)

i find /repositories/X11:/XOrg/ at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/ very useful.
the packages included in the standard repos perform much worse in my
experience than the latest from this one. BUT it's not guaranteed to
be working always. a week ago or so these packages broke X for a day
until they were fixed again,

Yeah, that were the submit requests with this clever idea to export only
supposedly private symbols. No answer to the question why the submit requester
did this. I won't accept submit requests by this user any longer. It has not
been the first time his submit requests broke X. Last time they broke older
distros as development system by removing .la files ...

and also yesterday i found that a new
update caused XOrg in some way to hug 50% of CPU, until it was fixed
a couple hours later.

Didn't know about that one.

just linking to this repo wouldn't work therefore, but once a stable
update is out, it would be great if a snapshot of that could be
included in tumbleweed. i'm not exactly sure if or how this can be
done, but it would definitely be desirable.

Yeah, maybe each time a new X.Org release is built in this repo. That would be
X.Org 7.6, scheduled for end of November 2010, but still not released yet.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany