Re: [opensuse-factory] Codecs
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:28:48 -0500
On 12/09/2010 07:54 AM, Oddball wrote:
Op 09-12-10 13:31, Juergen Weigert schreef:

On Dec 07, 10 15:20:52 -0500, Roman Bysh wrote:

I'm +1 for a multimedia pattern.

there is already one. I don't know how to list it from CLI

jdd

You're quite right :-[
Dave P

Since it's illegal to include Packman with the openSUSE release.

This is a common misconception. Try this in yast:

Software -> Software Repositories
Add -> Community Repositories

scroll down the list and
ponder over the checkmarks at

[x] Packman Repository
[x] VideoLan Repository

Naming the Repo is perfectly legal.
- Advertising it is not.

cheers,
JW-

Yeah! Are we getting somewhere or what!?

Yes I know.
What I was suggesting that the Packman/VideoLan repos be added as part
of a Multimedia pattern.

This way we only require 3 clicks of a mouse to add a codecs-pack as was
shown in a screenshot from another distro.
Maybe, we can create a package named "multimedia-pack" so that people
download it all in one go.

I really think we should simplify this of we want to increase the user base.

Cheers!

Roman