Re: [opensuse-factory] Language selection and keyboard during installation - questions for all English installing users
  • From: Jiri Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:24:10 +0100
Dne čtvrtek 02 Prosinec 2010 14:46:27 Karl Eichwalder napsal(a):
Jiri Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> writes:
LANGUAGE=en_AU:en_GB:en_US

I hope we already do this for Portuguese/Brazil, the Norwegian languages
(nn/nb), and, maybe, even for Czech/Slovakian.

For Norwegian, we have a hack in YaST that checks if nn_NO is selected,
and changes it to nb_NO; but this is done only for YaST translations and
only in running instance (installation).

I do not know about other occurences, do you mean anything differrent?

Probably ;) I really want you to set the LANGUAGE environment
variable. From the gettext manual:

But YaST does not set environment variables. It saves RC_LANG to
/etc/sysconfig/language and somehow this is base for the locale.

AFAIK we do not set LANGUAGE variable at all.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960