Re: [opensuse-factory] getting LLVM into factory
  • From: İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:52:30 +0200
Hi;

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Jiri Slaby <jslaby@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You beat me to it. My plan was to compile whole factory with clang aka
BSD.

It's a nonsense to me until you have numbers that support the idea that
llvm-compiled stuff is faster. Do we have some already?

I am not interested in the speed, yet. clang is a better programmer
compiler, better warnings is love at first sight. I just want to make
sure it compiles whole stack of Linux applications.

But... please package 2.9 svn instead of 2.8 because SVN has
important fixes for compiling

Is llvm-gcc always available for the latest svn? clang is unusable for
many of GNU C sources because it still supports only a subset of GNU C.

If you refer to a specific program not compiling, I'll make sure its
reported so it'll be fixed sooner or later. llvm community managed to
fix lots of gcc compatibility bugs.

Regards,
ismail