Re: [opensuse-factory] getting LLVM into factory
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:57:10 -0300
El 17/11/10 16:51, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. escribió:

LLVM is getting popular as BuildRequires for other packages. Right now
the rubinius, Mono, Freemat matlab clone and even the KDE Unstable repo
needs it.

Yes, I volunteer to be the maintainer. I admit I am not experienced
enough yet with it, but it will improve :-). The original package
maintainers are also invited to co-maintain.

I can help too, the soon this compiler is ready to replace GCC, the
better, GCC is slow as hell and its warning messages are a very bad
taste joke compared to clang's.