Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: syslog-ng 3.2 beta1
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:40:54 +0200
On 10/20/2010 08:43 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Wednesday 20 October 2010 11:55:24 Peter Czanik wrote:

- it is not yet a final version. Can I push it to factory (once some
problems are solved), or I need to wait for the final release coming end
of November?

Hi,

You can push betas to factory, if:
- you're certain you get a stable release before Milestone6

It will be released right after Milestone4.

- the betas allow testing of both syslog-ng and the remaining system.

There is one thing holding me back: AppArmor. I did not get useful help
on how to be able to run external apps from syslog-ng. But I'll most
likely add a few minor fixes to /etc/apparmor.d/sbin.syslog-ng, and a
README.SuSE explaining, that "to use program() data sources and/or
destinations, or to use some features of SCL, one needs to disable
AppArmor for syslog-ng". Default syslog-ng.conf can easily live without
SCL, and program() is not used in the default config either.
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik@xxxxxxxxxx>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream