[opensuse-factory] NVIDIA driver update to release via yast2
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:55:58 -0500
As some suggested I did a Zypper/Yast2 update of NVidia's files from the net. Everything loaded correctly after a download. However; on exit it did not set permissions or run ldconfig. So I did manually and now it is working.
Trying flightgear and blender still get the following

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: :0.0 has no GLX extension.
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: :0.0 has no GLX extension.
Segmentation fault

I will look into this later.
--