Re: [opensuse-factory] video dvd authoring
  • From: <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:57:47 +0000
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:36:54 +0200, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
On 06/28/2010 10:14 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 28/06/2010 09:38, Dave Plater a écrit :

On 06/25/2010 12:40 PM, jdd wrote:

It look like no authoring dvd product works with present factory

* kdvd don't works at all (it's the only working app in 11.2)
* deVeDe ask for spumux that is not available anywhere (and should
be required, as it's only for subtitles)
* no "todisk" is availalble (nor, of course gtodisk) and on 11.2
with "no mp2enc nor mpeg2enc"

You most probably have the 11.3 version of mjpegtools installed, you
need to install the packman one, there is an 11.3 version.

yes! I have pacman, but the installed version was OS one. OS is
1.9.0-7.11, PC is

pretty confusing :-(

The dvd authoring packages I had a quick look at need ffmpeg so
no hope of them ever being in openSUSE. They also need dvdauthor which
doesn't exist in openSUSE and might as well stay as a packman package
the packages that need it are all there.

I have the pacman dvdauthor

I filled a bug #617805 devede needs spumux

spumux comes from the dvdauthor package, I've emailed the packman
maintainer of most of the dvd packages about the lack of dvd authoring
apps for 11.3 and offered to help if needed.
Dave P

I put in a request for inclusion of video editing software [1]

Some info from the request:
Include video editing software.

From the website -

Kdenlive is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including
most recent video technologies. Our software is completely free, in all
sences of the expression, as defined by the GNU foundation. Using Kdenlive
is investing in a community driven project, which aims to establish
relationships between people in order to built the best video tools.

Other -
Cheers Glenn