Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.3 M6 live CDs - bootup time comparison
  • From: Atri Bhattacharya <badshah400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:47:19 +0530
On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 12:05 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le samedi 19 juin 2010, à 09:42 +0530, Atri Bhattacharya a écrit :
So is there any development on this? I get a similar delay with a black
screen also with RC1. I have bootchart png here

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1023/bootcharto.png

It would be nice to improve upon this by RC2.

So this is GDM + GNOME. Are you using autologin? Or is the delay before
you see the login screen?

There's a really long delay between gnome-settings-daemon and metacity
for what seems to be the gdm user. It's the first time I see such a
delay there :/

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

I am not using auto-login, and the delay is between the bootsplash theme
disappearing and the gdm login screen appearing.

Btw, with all the seamless booting and kernel-mode-setting, I can't see
anything special in the bootup sequence --- still feels the same as in
11.2 with bootsplash, then black screen, then login-screen (generally
speaking for both KDE and Gnome).
--
Atri