Re: [opensuse-factory] changing langage dl lot of packages
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:39:23 +0200
Le 14/06/2010 09:48, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Le dimanche 13 juin 2010, à 12:07 +0200, jdd a écrit :
2) After any language change, YaST download and install *a lot* of
packages!! looks like it reinstall all the distro. Takes ages on low
end computer.

Can you list which packages? We have bundles, to limit the number of
packages to download, so it should normally be okay.

Vincent

dear Vincent,

It was extremely difficult to answer your question :-(

I mail this privately because the attachement

lxde cd is partly broken, I tried to reinstall it to be able to make
the langage change, but not all works, so having the logs was hard.

I moved the YaST log folder after install and before changing langage
from us to fr, so to have all fresh logs of the language install.

I use virtualbox, so I had to send the logs to a remote server with
scp and then to my disk :-))

Notice that YaST freezes, so I had to break and I don't know if all
the work is done - I had french keyboard in the terminal YaST was run from

hope it will be of some use to you :-)

It's not the first time I have langage problems with live cd, usually
they don't load french and if somebody ask for french from the start
menu, the result is unpredicable

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net