Re: [Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] acroread failures in M7]
  • From: Juergen Orschiedt <jorschiedt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:23:27 +0200
On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 09:34 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Thursday 10 June 2010 08:09:51 Juergen Orschiedt wrote:
I'm using current "Factory", also on 64bit, and see a different
behaviour / problem.
Starting acroread from commandline (without args) show the empty window.
Viewing pdf's is possible, also printing.
However, when I terminate acroread the graphical windows get closed, but
I still have a acroread in process list, which doesn't react on Ctrl-C.
Trying to attach with gdb show the process is sitting in "getenv" or
"vfprintf".

I can confirm this problem.

It seems to be an issue with the Annots.api plugin
(/usr/lib/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/Annots.api). It is in a
perpetual loop trying to unload that module. If you delete that file before
starting acroread, it will shut down correctly.

What I see on commandline is
ERROR: ld.so: object
'/usr/lib/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/suse-do-not-grab-server.so'
from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

I suspect you've hacked /usr/bin/acroread to launch the binary with with
strace, making it a 64bit process, so the 32bit lib can't be preloaded.

No, didn't change anything in the script.
A second test showed, that the error is thrown when I open the print
dialog.

Funnily enough, starting the binary (or attaching to the process) with ltrace
causes acroread to die immediately on SIGTRAP. Hm.

Anders

cheers, J├╝rgen