[opensuse-factory] Re: Milestone 7, Laptop WLAN, Bug #591703
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:08:02 +0200
Am Sonntag, 30. Mai 2010 schrieb ich:

Hello!

I have installed M7 on my T410s and now I am suffering from Bug #591703.
I used YaST to swicth to NM and installed the firmware for WLAN (Intel
6300). When I boot with wired ethernet, everything seems to work fine:
NM connects to my wired and wireless networks. However, when I boot
without the wired ethernet connected, NM does not show any of the
configured wireless connections and cannot connect when I try to set up
the wireless connection again.

The problem seems to happen only if I initially boot to level 1 and then to
level 5. I did this to activate power management for my WLAN adapter and
check whether it helps to reduce fan noise.

Additionally, netconfig seems to conflict with NM, in /v/l/m I find:
| linux dns-resolver: ATTENTION: You have modified /etc/resolv.conf.
| Leaving it untouched...
| linux dns-resolver: You can find my version in
| /etc/resolv.conf.netconfig
[...]

However, I still do not know what the messages above mean.

Gruß
Jan
--
Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives.