Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:59:49 -0400
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Robert Schweikert
<rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Are all the ISO images for M7 hybrid images?

I'd like to take openSUSE-DVD-Build0625-i586.iso dump it to a USB stick
and install it on a Netbook for testing.

That brings me to my next question, is the broadcom driver now in
NonOSS, or do I need to look elsewhere for the driver for M7?

If your looking for the main b43 driver, then per the below you can
install the main driver manually easy enough:

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_%28Wireless%29/Broadcom_BCM43xx#Manual_Installation

=====
First, ensure you have the package b43-fwcutter installed. Next ensure
you are online, then as root:

Run the script: /usr/sbin/install_bcm43xx_firmware.

This will download the required firmware, extract it, and save it to
/lib/firmware, and configure the b43 module. Your wireless card should
now be detected by NetworkManager.
=======

Alternatively, if you need the less used STA driver you can find
factory versions in OBS:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3AFactory&p=2&q=broadcom

If those won't do, then you go from source fairly easily as well I believe:

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_%28Wireless%29/Broadcom_BCM43xx#Broadcom_STA_Driver

==

And now that I've given all that good advice, I need to try the
factory OBS STA driver on my laptop. I think I killed wireless when I
went to M5 and never bother'ed to fix it.

Greg