Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:59:38 +0200
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 04:48:01PM +0100, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 08:32 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 04:15:40PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 16:10:29 James Mason wrote:
Hasn't the Moblin project renamed to MeeGo?

The successor of Moblin is MeeGo - but MeeGo is not available yet so we
cannot
integrate it yet,

s/available/publically available/ :)

And "integrating" it might be a bit difficult due to the rules around
using the MeeGo name. We're still trying to work all of that out...

thanks,

greg k-h

Well we could always stick with Goblin, or move to Smeegol as suggested
by Garrett - SUSE MeeGo Linux

Either way as long as we have something we can always improve on it; but
to improve on it we need to get more involvement from everyone. I have
dropped the ball a couple of times with getting Moblin into Factory but
unfortunately my employer tends to dictate where/when I have spare time.

I am getting back to grips with things, and will hopefully be able to do
a bit more.

The problem is to find out what packages were changed from Fedora to MeeGo
and port these to openSUSE ... Probably a bit harder than Moblin.

Ciao, Marcus