Re: [opensuse-factory] Seamless Boot Experience for OpenSUSE Factory.
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:11:18 +0200
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:37:06PM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 02:11:54PM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:24:50AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
2. Add support for 'rootless' X: with these patches the Xserver will start
without an initial root background ie. it will use whatever data is
presently in the framebuffer. This feature can be enabled with the
'-nr' command line option.
Patches for the core server and the Intel driver already existed in the
Moblin project. I ported them over to the latest version of X and fixed
some bugs.
The required changes are part of the X11:XOrg package and thus in
Factory
already.

That one, right?

I meant to say X11:XOrg project. Sorry.

Thu Apr 8 13:42:43 UTC 2010 - eich@xxxxxxxxxx

- Adapted and fixed 'noroot-background' patch originally coming from
the Moblin project and enable by default.

This is the one for the server. There is another one for the Intel driver
in the driver package.

Sure. We have both changes already in X11:XOrg and openSUSE:Factory.

3. Extend the displaymanager startup script to
a. test for the presence of the 'copy' command, and if present
copy the bootsplash image to vt7 if the displaymanager is either
kdm4 or gdm.
This patch is part of the xorg-x11 package and already checked into
X11:XOrg (and thus Factory).

I'm afraid it isn't yet. Probably this one in home:eeich:BootPrj/xorg-x11:

Wed Mar 10 15:57:44 UTC 2010 - eich@xxxxxxx

- Add support for seamless bootsplash to xdm startup script.

Could you submitrequest it for X11:XOrg, please?

Oops. I forgot to do a 'osc ci'. I've updated the patch and done that
now so it should be available in Factory shortly.

Thanks. Now in X11:XOrg and submitrequested for openSUSE:Factory.

CU,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany