Re: [opensuse-factory] Netiso MS3: Not all needed modules present in repo.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:26:47 -0500
On Sunday 11 April 2010 08:17:45 Oddball wrote:
The reason is that ext4 cann't be read from 11.1:
modprobe ext4dev
then you can mount ext4 file system.
there is 'ext4dev.ko' in the given location...'modprobe ext4dev.ko
/lib/modules/' gives: modules not found
modprobe ext4dev /lib/modules/
changes nothing, so still cannot open ext4 from 11.1.. :(

If you use kernel which is precondition to load ext4dev
modprobe ext4dev
will load the driver, but I'm not sure that it is included in HAL, so GUI
tools that use HAL to mount drives can fail. Try plain console:
mount /dev/sdXN /mnt
where X is drive letter and N drive number of partition formatted with ext4.
Then see is there any content in /mnt directory. So far I recall I used it
that way and it worked fine.

Regards Rajko,