[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help fixing gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad, what is cog?
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:47:13 +0200
On 04/09/2010 09:31 AM, Toni wrote:
Am Freitag, 9. April 2010 schrieb Dave Plater:
Hi, multimedia:libs gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad is failing to build
libgstcog for everything except 11.2. The ./config output says for
factory standard :-
configure: *** checking feature: Cog plugin ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: cog ***
checking for COG... no
no
configure: *** These plugins will not be built: cog
but the 11.2 build finds cog.

My question is what provides cog. I've searched 11.2 packages and can
only come up with discogs from packman and google brings up a cog
package which looks multimedia related.
I'm double posting to packaging and factory.
you need the new orc (The Oil Runtime Compiler) package.

look here
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/orc

and add BuildRequires: orc-devel orc to the gstreamer package

Thanks
Dave P

Ok I think I see the problem, multimedia:libs orc doesn't provide a devel
package but the strange part is the 11.2 build finds cog. The
build for factory loads orc and liborc, as does the 11.2 build. I'll have a
closer look at the orc package maybe 11.2 liboil has something
to do with it?
Thanks
Dave P