Re: [opensuse-factory] Problem with starting firefox
  • From: Werner LEMBERG <wl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:07:30 +0200 (CEST)

Since a longer time I have to manually delete

before I can start firefox. IIRC, this has been so since I upgraded
to openSuSE factory for 11.3 or to firefox version 3. Any idea how to
fix it? I can't believe that this happens to all of you...

Doesn't happen for me and I haven't got other reports about it.
To know how to fix it, it would be nice if you would give a bit more
information what happens if you don't remove the file.

If I start firefox without removing that file, nothing happens.
firefox just sits there and waits. Doing `strace
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox', it ends with

futex(0xb7820064, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
futex(0x8060158, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 2, NULL

And also please paste the contents of that file.

Here it is.