Re: [opensuse-factory] new package: crawl
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:09:03 +0200
On 4/6/2010 at 18:45, Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 01 April 2010 17:30:01 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 03/31/2010 05:22 PM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
To forward your package to the games repo / have the package reviewed,
you can use osc sr home:saschpe crawl-sdl games

Give a short description and anything you think is special to know.

Already in "games" repo. Thanks!

PS: I cleaned the spec file a bit, so it might be broken these days.
Should be fixed once I'm done.

Thanks for breaking the SPEC file without asking or even testing. Crawl is
very similar to Nethack and thus it _has_ to install junk into some odd
places. I'm not fully aware of OBS commit policies but osc commit log
messages
like "fix" don't really help reverting that nonsense either.

don't worry, every single commit is trackable.. it's a VCS after all.

For the one marked as 'fix' for example you can have a look at:
osc log games crawl (which gives you a small overview with commit messages,
finding the one you're interested in... the one marked 'fix' for example
is revision 4.

so you can issue
osc rdiff games crawl -r4

and this will give you the exact changes applied.

Using 'osc checkout -r 4' you can even checkout exactly this specific version.
Thus it should be able to track down the missing pieces and parts.

As for the actions done by Pavol: I'm sure there are best intentions. Maybe in
this case the 'commit early / commit often' was not the approach
appreciated by you and you would have preferred a full change of the spec
before commit. But then: he could as well just have rejected it with
comments and have you fix it all according to the requirements (which are much
more relaxed in the games repo than in openSUSE:Factory for example).

I hope nevertheless this won't scare you off and we will continue seeing a lot
of your contributions.

Best regards,
Dominique