[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Easter and Milestone 5
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:55:32 -0400
All,

Per Petr Uzel below parted 2.2 went into factory this morning.

That should mean that milestone 5 has everything to support 4K
physical sector disks. ie. kernel, util-linux, parted all should have
support for aligning partitions with the underlying topology.

I don't know if the yast-partitioner module calls parted or whether it
uses libparted instead.

Either way I hope that we can get that class of hardware testing
started soon. I don't yet have any 4K physical sector drives to test
with, but I believe some are available within Novell.

Hopefully that testing will include installs etc. and not just
partitioning data drives.

Greg