[opensuse-factory] cronie status
  • From: Michal Seben <mseben@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:21:26 +0000
Hi all!

Cronie is moving to Factory,
After testing update process, I found that best way how to switch to cronie as
a default cron in openSUSE is simple move all cronie sources and patches to
old cron package. so we will jump from (old) cron-4.1 to new cron-1.4.4 (which
is cronie) and we don't need to use various hacks then (switching from cron
to cronie is not update)

I already do this with cron in Base:System and I also created sr against
openSUSE:Factory

If you have already cronie installed just remove it zypper rm cronie

If you hit some issues please file a bug report.

bye
michal