[opensuse-factory] [X11:Utilities] Getting xdiskusage into X11::Utilities
  • From: John Beranek <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 00:28:27 +0100
The xorg list seems to be pretty derelict, so I've copied to the Factory
list too.

xdiskusage was recently accepted into openSUSE:Factory:Contrib. I have
now submitted an OBS request (36014) to request its addition to
X11:Utilities, which looked like an appropriate devel project.

xdiskusage, if you've never used it, is a lightweight disk usage
visualisation application.

The original upstream is at http://xdiskusage.sourceforge.net/ but after
some limited discussion with the sole developer on that project[1] I
forked the project onto a Google Code project, so that I could make some
build fixes, and release a new tarball. This Google Code project is here:

https://code.google.com/p/xdiskusage-buildfix/

The license for the code is GPLv2+.

Cheers,

John.

[1] No releases in the SF file release system. The release on the SF
webpage failed to build on (current) 64bit systems. I didn't manage to
get commit access to the SF project. The SF project doesn't have much
activity...

--
John Beranek To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/ -- William Blake

  • No further messages