Re: [opensuse-factory] grub1 gfxmenu resolution configuration
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:18:54 -0400
On 2010/03/25 16:02 (GMT+0100) Josef Reidinger composed:

Felix Miata write:

I don't see anywhere in /etc/sysconfig (e.g. boot, bootloader,
bootsplash) to control the resolution in /boot/message pointed to by
gfxmenu in /boot/grub/menu.lst. On my Intel systems the Grub resolution
is much lower than with nv, radeon or mga. I'd like them all to be the
higher used by the non-intels. How does one configure that?

If I understand what you want, I recommend you use yast2 bootloader and
choose resolution (it adapt message and set parameters for new kernels).
If you use newer distro (11.2 or newer) there you can see resolution as it
is.

I think you understand, but in runlevel 3 either directly or via ncurses yast
(either 11.2 or M3) or in GUI YaST2 I can't seem to find this "resolution"
submenu anywhere, not in "Boot Loader Options", not in "Boot Loader
Installation Details" or anywhere else. Is there some other way to open yast2
bootloader that provides this "resolution" option?

Also, in 11.2's "Boot Loader Settings", on any change resulting in return its
main screen, "Custom Boot Partition" is always selected with a pointer to an
invalid partition (I think maybe this comes from /etc/grub.conf, which I did
not edit (like critical files like menu.lst & fstab) after manually inserting
some new partitions in between / and front of disk, after which I reinstalled
Grub from Grub prompt).

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/