Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.3 Milestone 1 KDE Live CDs
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 00:18:55 -0500
On 02/14/2010 12:10 AM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
I am running a 32-bit system.

I have now downloaded - from ftp5.gwdg.de (Factory) site - the Build0422
and Build0436 copies of the 11.3 Milestone 1 KDE Live CDs.

Neither will "run" (ie, do what they are supposed to do: provide me with
a Live version of 11.3).

Both are OK as far as passing Media Checks, and Verify when being
'burned' in K3b, is concerned.

Both CDs stop "Dead, never to go again, when...." they get to either-

* "Disabling IP Forwarding."; or

* "Checking quotas. This may take some time."

at the beginning of the 'loading' process.

I've had no problems with Live CDs of previous (KDE) versions of openSUSE.

Am I missing some info. about why these Builds of 11.3 KDE Live CDs will
not "run", unless some magical incantations are first performed in the
nude and under a full moon?

If so, I would greatly appreciate being informed of what those
incantations are - but I simply refuse to be in the nude! :-)

BC

I know it sounds obvious but you did download the 32 bit versions didn't
you?

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998