Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] is ghostscript able to be updated to 8.70 was GPL v3 question
  • From: Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joerg Schilling)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:02:07 +0100
Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 02:57:02PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pamela Jones wrote on this here:
http://lwn.net/Articles/61292/

Even the heading is wrong.

She is generally thought to know something about these matters.
Are you saying that what she has written here is entirely wrong, or
just that it's inapplicable to Europe?

It's inapplicable to Europe

Do you have a reference for how and why this is different in
Europe?

My lawyer told me that the claims from the US do not apply to Europe
and from a talk to one of my collegues who is a US lawyer, it seems that
the US law system requires a contract to have benefits for both sides
and that the US law system clams that this is not the case for a contract used
in a license.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin