[opensuse-factory] 11.3 roadmap
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:35:57 +0100
Hi,

As I said, I want to start 11.3 development "for real". So I put up
http://www.suse.de/~coolo/opensuse_11.3/ [1] and updated the roadmap
in the wiki.

From my point of view the long beta and RC phase paid out, so I would
like to continue with that. Meaning

* Thu, Jan 21 openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 1 release
* Thu, Feb 11 openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 2 release
* Thu, Mar 04, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 3 release
* Thu, Mar 25, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 4 release
* Fri, Apr 09, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 5 release
* Thu, Apr 22, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 6 release
* Fri, May 21, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 7 release
* Thu, Jun 17, openSUSE 11.3 RC 1 release
* Thu, Jul 01, openSUSE 11.3 RC 2 release
* Thu, Jul 08, openSUSE 11.3 Goldmaster
* Thu, Jul 15, openSUSE 11.3 Public Release

This translates into a feature freeze first week of april (right in time
for GNOME 2.30.0) and RC freeze first week of june.

The milestones do not come at a fixed rythm because of easter and other
holidays that fall into this time period, but there are enough of them
to fall back in line if one of them is late.

I put the holidays into the timeline, so you can have a look if you want
to suggest changes - but if someone mentions KDE and 4.5 together in a
reply, I'm going to gently ignore the full email. Updating to patch level
releases during the beta phase we consider of course.

Greetings, Stephan

[1] www.suse.de syncs out every couple of hours, as I'm writing the mail
the content is old. If the title talks about 11.2, you'll know.