Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:20:17 -0600
May be something done similarly to lwn.net comment editor would avoid
that.
Basically when you're editting a comment, you only have a "Preview"
button, then it shows you how it will look and offers a "Publish"
button.

It would be good, but I don't know is it possible.
The http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings doesn't list
anything like that, which basically means that Mediawiki software should be
changed to accomplish that.

Rob

if you don't want to loose data and have to rewrite an article, you
have to save as often as possible. making it possible to save a draft
would be invaluable. MoinMoin wiki do this, saving a draft each tim
one preview an article. Do mediawiki do this now (it did not last time
I used it)

If it logs you out automatically, then log in and go back to your edit window
using a *browser* back button, not the link provided by screen that comes up
after login.

I use that all the time and it works even if I'm doing something else and
browser goes to empty edit screen automatically. It is just one more press on
a browser back button and then Preview or Save work as expected. Nothing is
lost.

jdd

--
Regards Rajko,