Re: [opensuse-factory] GRUB2 / FATE 308497
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:18:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-12-10 at 16:48 -0500, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

My idea when I suggested lilo was that, perhaps, there is no current
bootloader that supports all situations. Perhaps we need to have more
than one, and lilo is a posibility.

And, perhaps, "lilo" can be automatically run on halt/reboot if a
modification is detected, to regenerate the map file.

If there is a situation where the supported boot loader doesn't work, it
should be fixed. Lilo is a workaround.

I believe that some people are still using the no longer supported lilo in oS because their setup is not supported by grub.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.