Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] opensuse source?
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:42:09 +0200
On 12/05/2009 11:28 AM, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
Am including Factory list, perhaps in 11.3 a better way of making
source available to end users, which avoids big load on Build Service
and Mirrors is possible?

On project list, a request was made for source by someone unfamiliar
with openSUSE suggested an ISO; installing source rpm's with YaST is
not working as it did in past for me, because only binary packages are
held on most of the download.opensuse.org mirrors.

Now you mention it, I haven't been able to install source rpms with yast
for ages, I think SuSE 7.3 was the last time or 9.1, this is actually a
much overlooked bug or lacking feature. I normally use "zypper si" to
install source rpms.
Regards
Dave P