Re: [opensuse-factory] dropping BitTorrent (Mainline) package
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 19:31:52 +0100
Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

2009/12/4 Jan Matejek <jan.matejek@xxxxxxxxxx>:

If you use bittorrent in headless environments, you might be
interested in combining ncurses-based rtorrent with 'screen'.

Does that have advantage over the transmission-daemon solution which
seems to have remote GUI support as an option? I've been seeding
torrents and wanted to move to headless,

Rob, look up btpd - I've been running that for about a year, it works
really well.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)