Re: [opensuse-factory] dropping BitTorrent (Mainline) package
  • From: Jan Matějek <jmatejek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:32:36 +0100

Dne 4.12.2009 17:00, Rob OpenSuSE napsal(a):
2009/12/4 Jan Matejek <jan.matejek@xxxxxxxxxx>:

If you use bittorrent in headless environments, you might be interested
in combining ncurses-based rtorrent with 'screen'.

Does that have advantage over the transmission-daemon solution which
seems to have remote GUI support as an option? I've been seeding
torrents and wanted to move to headless, but not configured
transmission yet.

This was meant more like "if you're still using Mainline because of
headless" alternative. I never used Transmission, so i didn't know about
its headless capabilities.
Possible advantage of rtorrent-in-screen setup is that you literally get
the same experience you'd have on your desktop. If transmission-daemon
can do that too, then it comes down to which client you like more.

m.