Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:38:18 +0100
On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 03:25:18PM +0100, Stefan Dirsch wrote:

Another option would be to hardcode that blacklist in the DRM driver itself,
but then it should be possible to overwrite that default (how?). Not sure
whether that's feasable at all.

Yes.

Expanding modprobe to perform such a mapping might be possible but I
don't want to go this route without soliciting for feedback on
opensuse-kernel.

Understood.

If we really think this feature is needed we should start the discussion.
If we cannot think of any reasonable use case now we should wait with this.

Ok. I believe it makes sense, but we might be the first ones asking for this
feature and it might be not appreciated at all. Probably most developers will
say: Fix the driver in that case or disable KMS for that ID.

Yes, that's my feeling, too.

I will change the packages removing the device ID specific blacklists if you
don't object.

For now that's fine. :-)

Ok, working on that.

Cheers,
Egbert.

--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
X Window System Development