Re: [opensuse-factory] documenting new behaviors
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:58:32 -0600
On Wednesday 02 December 2009 05:43:03 Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

Perhaps Wiki enthusiasts could import from a text email based
resource, and I had pastebins in mind for that purpose.

You can do that too and leave note on opensuse-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxx so that wiki
enthusiast can help you formatting article.

The basic wiki markup that will enable you to create almost any kind of text
based article is easy.
Titles:
== section title == #It corresponds to <H2> html
=== subsection title === #It corresponds to <H3> html

<H1> is reserved for article title and it is set automatically.

Lists:
*Item 1
*Item 2
**Item 2, subitem 1
**Item 2, subitem 2
*Item 3

Links:
Normal http://en.opensuse.org/ will be set as a link automatically, but if it
is very ling link like bugzilla tend to be then use single square brackets,
make one space after the link and give short name. Like:
[http://bugzilla.novell.com/very/long/link Short name]

If you want to refer/link to another wiki page then [[article name]] will do
that for you, but even if you use http://en.opensuse.org/Article_name it will
work fine.

General:
Don't live space as a first character in a line, it will show the rest of the
line in a fixed font.

But if you want to show script then use tag <pre> for preformatted text, like:
<pre>
fixed font script commands
</pre>

To start new paragraph just make one line space between them.

For the rest:
http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Wiki_Reference_card

and the mentioned wiki mail list.

We like to have more wiki contributors, and we are willing to help authors to
achieve their goal, but we can't collect and write information. That would be
way beyond time we have. For that purpose we are trying to create templates
that people can just copy and paste into new article.

Even without templates it is simple to run trough article that is already
written in plain text with section titles and paragraphs and add formatting
tags, but it is not collecting information, writing article, and formatting.

--
Regards Rajko,

-->> openSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team <<--