Re: [opensuse-factory] Is there a way to update to factory from GM?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:49:24 +0100
Op 03-12-09 07:59, Dominique Leuenberger schreef:

for VideoLAN you can always change to
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.3 which is built against factory
(there might be short sync
issues, but they are normally resolved rather quick. )

thnx 4 this hint...

but yes, I should have stated it differently: disable every repo that is not
explicitly built for Factory.

the point of using Factory if recognizing errors and reporting bugs early on,
isn't it? This requires that people actually USE Factory in it's entire
form. Just imagine users not updating the kernel because a random KMP is not
available. Then try to detect any regression in the kernel before release
dates... sounds horrible.

Dominique

It does, but no music is horrible 4 me...i feel not complete when my
music doesn't play...sorry...
and when possible i use updated factory installs... there must be some
kind of compromise possible, that i can hear my music, and still test
factory..?

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)