Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:32:36 +0100
Torsdag den 3. december 2009 14:38:29 skrev Egbert Eich:
Folks -

In yesterday's discussion about the future of SaX2 it has been requested
that changes that will affect users in the future are communicated to
the openSUSE community early.

Unless I'm mistaken you didn't really account for the changes from a user
point of view :-)

Will installing and using nvidia or fglrx blobs become more complicated and
perhaps affected in other ways by enabling kms by default?

What happens for people with chips not supported or poorly supported by kms-
drivers?

.. of course I guess I could find the answers to these questions on fedora
forums :-)