Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:12:50 +0100
On 12/02/2009 08:32 PM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 20:28 +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 02/12/2009 19:41, Bryen M Yunashko a écrit :

There's a serious problem in how we get the information out to everyone
at the same time

there is an announce list, very few used

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2009-11/

if not for the meeting annoucements

opensuse-factory mailing list with special tag in subject seems the best
solution to me. Changes are happening in Factory, so it also makes sense.

it could be the good place for such things, giving the place where the
actual discussion is held

I think announce should be about announcements not the discussion.

And not everyone wishes to be on a mailing list. Many in the Forums
choose not to be on mailing lists. There's over 30K users there.
That's significant.

And many developers choose not to be on forums, stalemate!

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz