Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:16:16 -0500
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx> wrote:
As far as i remember there were always major changes in every new
version, making updating a hell.
Reason to make more clever update clients as zypper's development was a
result of that...
As these changes here, they were announced before the release of the
last milestone of oS11.2, to be progressed in 12..... i guess there is
time enough to deal with the consequences?

That's why I don't update. I backup anything important and do a fresh
install. Saves me from headaches later on. My / partition is always
around 10GB so it's that much easier to do it.

(but, i am no authority, nor programmer, these are just plain thoughts....)

Nor am I.