Re: [opensuse-factory] documenting new behaviors
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:34:02 +0000
2009/12/2 Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>:
This is the Wikipedia who have large loss of Editors, and articles
about people being annoyed having spent many hours time on learning
the fiddly formatting, submitting an article only to find someone
deleted it a little later?

This is a political problem on Wikipedia that has virtually zero to do
with teh Wiki syntax or editing tools.

No it's a fundamental problem with Wiki's; someone else can re-write
history, so it's often not seeingly a very useful format for the
information I'm interested in. Often that is best done by "dumps" of
logs and stuff that Google finds. In general for problems or
answering forum questions, Google finds mail list stuff; possibly
other distro's have more transparency than we do.

Lots of ppl do articles on openSUSE.org and there's a problem figuring
out sometimes, when they wrote it, and which releases it's relevant
to, with not much to go on sometimes.