Re: [opensuse-factory] Strange password message
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:18:18 +0000
2009/12/2 Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
What would cause root to need to supply a "root password for localhost?".
 This message shows up in a console tty1 while running
Yast2>Hardware>Printer as root when I try to record the changes.
Worse yet it offer no way to supply a  password.

While since I did this, but setting up CUPS for remote printing &
management, it liked to authenticate with the password. Is this the
cause?