Re: [opensuse-factory] Leafnode dropped ?!
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:23:37 +0100
2009/11/24 Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
2009/11/24 Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

opensuse-packaging.
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-08/msg00172.html

Personally I doubt if many community members actually read that.

Exactly.  We have release schedules, so why not put out what's planned
to be dropped in the next release in an annoucement, 6 months & 4
months before.

I doubt Stefan knew 4 months before that he was going to drop them.
Packages get dropped because the maintainer stops working at Novell,
because a bus runs over the maintainer or in general because of things
the maintainer usually doesn't knows months in advance (if he knew he
would have avoided the bus...).