Re: [opensuse-factory] yast sw mgmt - Gnome & KDE really different?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:41:53 +0100

On 11/19/2009 12:18 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys,

On my gnome install I have a really weird yast sw management module. My
guess is that it is just to gnome one, but I want to confirm. So do the
normal and gnome yast software management apps really have that
different of a UI? If so, can I make the gnome one back into the one I'm
used to?

Yes, it is quite different.

You can change a configuration variable so that you get the yas qt variant, or
you can change the
launching script so that you get the gtk yast for all, except software
management, where you get the
qt variant.

Or you can manually launch it from the command line.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2-ex-factory "Emerald" GM)