Re: [opensuse-factory] Trouble using zypper to upgrade from 11.1 to 11.2RC
  • From: John Beranek <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:48:51 +0000
Dave Plater wrote:
On 10/30/2009 12:57 PM, John Beranek wrote:
John Beranek wrote:
John Beranek wrote:
Michael Schroeder wrote:
Is there some hint about what's going wrong in /var/log/zypper.log?
I've had a look in there, as well as the extremely voluminous strace
output, and don't really see anything obvious[1]. Should I post this
somewhere for perusal?

John.

[1] The only obvious call to aria2c (which is what I'm guessing
zypper uses for downloads) is a call of "aria2c --version" and
there's no sign of it actually trying a download...
Hmm, I'll take that back, on a 10th perusal of this file, I've seen
an error with aria2c not accepting proxy settings (I didn't know I
had any!):

http://pastebin.ca/1649118

I'll see if I can disable the proxy and report back!
Setting:

PROXY_ENABLED="no"

in /etc/sysconfig/proxy has allowed zypper to download _some_
repository info. Looks like a regression in proxy determination in
zypper to me!

Now, however it seems that mirrors are enabled but not up-to-date. So,
zypper goes to download an update and gets back 404s. :(

# zypper ref
Retrieving repository 'Main Update Repository' metadata [done]
Building repository 'Main Update Repository' cache [done]
Repository 'opensuse-non-oss' is up to date.
Retrieving repository 'opensuse-oss' metadata [/]File
'./suse/setup/descr/dvd-11.2-20.21.2.i586.pat.gz' not found on medium
'http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/'

I guess I'll wait a few days/weeks.

John.

Try a zypper ref --force

Phew, it sorted itself out, and I only waited an hour or so. :)

1832 packages to upgrade, 61 to downgrade, 241 new, 3 to reinstall, 173 to
remove, 102 to change vendor, 51 to change arch.
Overall download size: 2.28 GiB. After the operation, 114.0 MiB will be freed.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y):

Yay!

John.

--
John Beranek To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/ -- William Blake