Re: [opensuse-factory] Trouble using zypper to upgrade from 11.1 to 11.2RC
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:23:47 +0200
On 10/30/2009 11:31 AM, John Beranek wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:
On 10/30/2009 09:00 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Friday 30 October 2009 07:40:47 Dave Plater wrote:

For the time being try using
"http://download.opensuse.org/factory-snapshot/repo/oss/"; and
"http://download.opensuse.org/factory-snapshot/repo/non-oss/";. The
update repo doesn't have any usable packages until release so don't
worry about it. The repositories are still in a state of transistion
for
11.2 at the moment.

The repos he has are redirects to your URLs, so nothing won't change.
And if zypper up zypper did something, then it can't be that bad. But
the actual
error we haven't seen.

Greetings, Stephan

From his pastebin he couldn't connect with zypper ref so I provided him
with the address that "Failed to download /media.1/media from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/"; resolves to.
On the other hand his update of zypper went without a problem so maybe
his network is down.

I assure you my network isn't down - as I said in a previous email, I
can fetch these files with 'curl' fine.

Perhaps he should post the
output of zypper lr.

I have provided a pastebin of 'zypper sl -d' output, but here is 'zypper
lr':

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
--+------------------------+------------------------+---------+--------
1 | Main Update Repository | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes
2 | opensuse-non-oss | opensuse-non-oss | Yes | Yes
3 | opensuse-oss | opensuse-oss | Yes | Yes

Cheers,

John.

Sorry my mistake I needed the output of zypper lr -d I'm not familiar with
services AFAIK they aren't used yet, maybe that's what the
problem is. Try deleting all services and then use zypper ar to add the repos
you need, it seems the update repo is active as well I'm just
completing a zypper dup and there are a lot of deltas that come from the update
repo. I somehow added a repo to services once and it didn't
work until I deleted them all.
Regards
Dave P