Re: [opensuse-factory] Trouble using zypper to upgrade from 11.1 to 11.2RC
  • From: John Beranek <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:04:23 +0000
[Apologies to David, I sent this reply to him personally, as I got confused by the list's behaviour of setting replies to the poster, not the list!]

ave Plater wrote:
On 10/30/2009 09:00 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Friday 30 October 2009 07:40:47 Dave Plater wrote:

For the time being try using
"http://download.opensuse.org/factory-snapshot/repo/oss/"; and
"http://download.opensuse.org/factory-snapshot/repo/non-oss/";. The
update repo doesn't have any usable packages until release so don't
worry about it. The repositories are still in a state of transistion for
11.2 at the moment.
The repos he has are redirects to your URLs, so nothing won't change. And if zypper up zypper did something, then it can't be that bad. But the actual
error we haven't seen.

Greetings, Stephan
From his pastebin he couldn't connect with zypper ref so I provided him
with the address that "Failed to download /media.1/media from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/"; resolves to.
On the other hand his update of zypper went without a problem so maybe
his network is down.

I assure you my network isn't down - as I said in a previous email, I
can fetch these files with 'curl' fine.

Perhaps he should post the
output of zypper lr.

I have provided a pastebin of 'zypper sl -d' output, but here is 'zypper
lr':

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh
1 | Main Update Repository | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes
2 | opensuse-non-oss | opensuse-non-oss | Yes | Yes
3 | opensuse-oss | opensuse-oss | Yes | Yes

Cheers,

John.

--
John Beranek To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/ -- William Blake