[opensuse-factory] packman status
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:57:40 +0200
Hello,

Recent discussions on this list makes me think there should be some
change (minor) in the way the community repositories are shown to the
users.

IMHO, packman should have a special status, just after the official
repos and far before any OBS repo.

packman is an incredible addition to openSUSE, I can say that openSUSE
could not live in a personal computer system without packman (and you
know why)

But no newcommer can know that, so the community list should be shown
like this:

Official repos:
OSS
non-OSS
UPDATE
(...)

Major repo:
Packman

*Under this, use at your own risks*

OBS repos (unstable, but openSUSE friendly):
(...)

Proprietary repos:
NVIDIA
ATI